Nursing Home Draft 2
Nurses and Nursing homes are empowered with Skilled Wound Care
No need to travel to expensive conferences to learn the latest techniques, with our expert staff and team of physicians we come to you at your patient’s bedside. We educate you on the latest wound management techniques so you can stay on top of the latest advancements in wound care.
Wounds heal 70% faster with the Skilled Wound Care Group, then with standard wound healing techniques in long term care, Why?
- SWC creates multidisciplinary wound care, which has been shown to improve wound healing in multiple peer reviewed journals.
- SWC staff educate facility nurses on proper use of wound dressings and other healing tools.
- SWC debrides wounds with necrosis, slough, or bioburden, which allows for 70% of wounds to decrease in size, and a 25% reduction in size in the first month of treatment for responding wounds.
- On average greater than 60% of wounds treated by the Skilled Wound Care program are healing after the start of services.
SWC nursing facilities pass surveys without wound care deficiencies 99% of the time.
- Less hospital admissions and clinic transfers.
- Faster wound healing times.
- Ability to rehabilitate from illness more quickly.
- Less discomfort from ambulance rides.
- Chronic issues are managed prior to morbidity.
The Skilled Wound Care program is designed to follow all important F-tag regulations governing wound care for nursing facilities.
Skilled Wound Care physicians:
- Follow strict Infectious Disease protocols.
- Administer pain control at all times.
- Provide clear and informative documentation.
- Clearly communicate the plan to nurses.
- Provide education on important areas.
- Prevent adverse events.
SKILLED WOUND CARE HELPS YOU BY:
- Strengthening your hospital case manager relationships.
- Developing specialty wound care recovery units.
- Elevating staff preparedness for complex patient admissions.
- Educating families on the wound healing process.
Skilled Wound Care is serious about quality assurance. Skilled Wound Care has developed a long-term care specific documentation and reporting program for wounds. Our rigorous documentation is long-term specific. In addition our documentation is all data driven to deliver you with Quality Assurance Reports.
How does data help you?
- Evidence-based Decision Making
- Benchmark analysis
- Improvement trending
- Increased healing rates
- Increased Family/Patient satisfaction
KEEP YOUR MALPRACTICE RATES LOW WITH THE SKILLED WOUND CARE RISK REDUCTION PROGRAM.
In today's economic realities, Risk Management is an important component of a strong Wound Care Program. Some of the best ways to prevent lawsuits is with patient/ family interaction, but that may not always be effective. We take into consideration these factors:
- Duration of injury
- Number of Risk Factors
- Patient compliance
- Family compliance
- Potential of life threatening infection
- Potential of limb threatening infection